The OnGo Awards program, presented by the OnGo Alliance, recognizes innovations in delivering real-world OnGo solutions and highlights the market impact of shared spectrum in the 3.5 GHz CBRS band.
2022 Award Categories & Timeline
Excellence in an Enterprise OnGo Private Network Deployment:
- Baicells Technologies (with Alef Edge, Cellocity, Druid, LittleBird, Winncom): Delivering Highly Desirable Tenant Amenities to the MDU Vertical
OnGo in State, Local, and Education (SLED):
- Federated Wireless (with AWS): Powering the 5G Innovation Campus of the Future at Cal Poly
Excellence in OnGo Technology Innovation:
- JMA (with Boingo, Cisco, Dell, DISH, Google, Hughes, Intel): Flight Line of the Future with OnGo and ORAN at Naval Air Station Whidbey Island
OnGo Neutral Host Architecture/Solution:
- CTS (with Airspan, Druid): Neutral Host trial with a leading healthcare provider showcases using OnGo Network to provide cost-effective coverage to the middleprise
Excellence in a WISP OnGo Deployment:
- Ericsson (with Ohio TT, Winncom): Ohio TT Expanding Broadband to Rural Communities
Judges’ Choice Award:
- BearCom (with Airspan, Athonet, & BEC): PLTE for Rent to Musical Festivals
January 10, 2023: Award nomination period OPENS
February 20, 2023: Award nomination period CLOSES
April 11, 2023: OnGo Award Winners will be announced during a special reception at the April 2023 OnGo Alliance Members Meeting.
The winners will be announced at the OnGo Alliance Annual Meeting in Dallas, TX. Register here.
Do you have any questions? Please view the OnGo Awards FAQ.
Submission Rules and Judging Criteria
- Entries are to be submitted in English and must conform to the specified word count. All entries exceeding the word count will be disqualified.
- Entries should include specific details about cost improvements, capacity, latency, or other metrics to highlight specific performance features. The commercial scale and maturity of the solution will be a critical factor in evaluating each entry
- Judges will look at specific improvements over alternative wired or wireless networks
- The awards are open to both commercial and trial deployments of OnGo; however, applicants will be asked to classify the status as part of the submission.
- Supporting documents and videos are allowed, however the submission will be judged on the written entry and NOT on the supporting materials.
- A winning entry should aim to include the following components:
- Answer the “Why OnGo?” question. Why is OnGo the right solution for this deployment?
- Demonstrate market impact and customer benefits (cost savings, quality of service improvements, revenue generation)
- Define clear use cases and outline the deployment (commercial or trial) highlighting the benefits that OnGo brings to that particular use case
- Reference customers when specified and include the lead solution partners
- Highlight new applications, either technical or related to the business model
Please note, the OnGo Alliance board and its members will not be involved in the judging process. The team of Judges, led by Joe Madden, has full responsibility for judging the awards and settling any ties.
The 2022 OnGo Awards will be judged by a panel of industry analysts with distinct expertise in the OnGo market. Please note, the OnGo Alliance board and its members will not be involved in the judging process. The team of Judges, led by Joe Madden, has full responsibility for judging the awards and settling any ties.
Mobile Experts Inc.
Founder & President
What the Judges will be looking for:
Interesting new applications, technical or related to the business model; Demonstrable cost savings; Revenue generation; Ease of use; Quality of Service improvements; Success and inventiveness; Market Impact; Provision in terms of delivery or package